Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Election night at The Tribune

I spent Tuesday evening at the offices of The Tribune, Greeley's newspaper. I wanted my Reporting Contemporary Issues students to experience election night in a real newsroom. We sat in on the page 1 meeting, which was quite interesting. The planning that goes into covering events like this is fascinating. At least it is for me.

It was fun. I don't know yet what the students thought. The students laughed at some things, seemed bored by others. That's to be expected, I guess.

I got a little bit nostalgic being there. Wonder if I'll ever work in a newsroom again. Probably not. I hope my students do.

Found out recently that two students in the class are interested in copy editing. Anyone need an intern?

I'm excited about the Greeley mayor and City Council races. The mayor's race is too close to call. The latest results are available at the Weld County Web site.

No comments: