Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Our experiment continues

Most of my Advanced News students have created blogs. You can visit them by clicking on the links at the right-hand side of this page under "My Students' Blogs." Their latest blog entries focus on what they've learned after writing a feature story and then rewriting it as a longer piece. Most of them were very honest in their assessments of their work. I'm happy to say that all of the rewrites turned out to be pretty good stories. I'm excited to see what these students do next.

As for the Web page, we're still in the planning stages. I'm scheduled to meet with Jessie Williams, Web editor at the Greeley Tribune, next week. I'm hoping we can get this thing online pretty quickly after students return from Spring Break on March 26.

I'm quite enjoying this blog, although I haven't had many comments lately. Perhaps once it goes online at the Tribune more people will read it. I have been bugging my colleagues in the JMC program and my family, but how many times can your mother say she loves your blog? Maybe I need to write something really scathing to get some feedback. I guess yesterday's post wasn't cranky enough. I think my next post should tackle something controversial. Check this space later, if you dare.

1 comment:

Mindy McAdams said...

Yeah, Lynn, stir up some controversy! Say something provocative! THEN you'll get some comments!